My toddler is really into jewelry lately (I think she gets that from me). She is my inspiration for this unique Valentine’s Day project. What could be better than a cute necklace that is also edible? We had so much fun making these necklaces. I hope you do too.
I made this necklace using Pillsbury Valentine’s Funfetti Sugar Cookie Mix. I followed the cut-out cookie instructions on the box but added 1/4 tsp. almond extract. I also added some extra pink sprinkles. You could use any type of cookie for this necklace, as long as it has a dense texture.
Heart Cookie Necklace Instructions:
1. Mix cookies and add sprinkles.
2. Roll and cut cookies with heart shaped cookie cutters. I used small and medium sized cookie cutters.
3. Use two toothpicks to make a hole in the top of each cookie. Bake with the toothpicks in place.
4. When you pull the cookies out of the oven, use the toothpicks to redefine the holes. It is important to do this while the cookies are hot and pliable.
5. String the cooled cookies on a piece of ribbon.