This is a super fun sponsored post written by me on behalf of Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry.
Let’s talk parties. Everyone loves a fun get together with family and friends.
If you aren’t familiar with Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry, let me fill you in. It is made with the same basic ingredients as pie pastry. However, the dough is folded multiple times to create flaky layers. When the dough is baked, steam makes the layers rise. So, you end up with a dessert that is eight times higher than pie pastry. I like to think of it as pie pastry’s classier cousin.
Back to the party. Mariah made a great selection of Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry party food for our special event. I could go on and on about all of the creative ideas. However, I’ve decided to highlight a few of my favorite dishes.
These Grilled Cheese Pops are so adorable. I love that she used a lollipop stick to serve these fun treats.
I think, hands down, the Cinnamon Sugar Fries were the most popular dish at the party. I totally love that she served them with caramel sauce.
These fun Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry Candy Cupcakes are perfect party food. They even contain a hidden candy surprise center!
I love how many different ways you can use Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry. The possibilities are endless!
Here is what I like best about Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry:
- Easy-So simple to create a recipe with these amazing products.
- Convenient-Just buy, thaw and bake.
- Versatile-You can prepare everything from savory meals to creative desserts.
- Fun-We had a blast using these products to make our creations.
After I left Mariah’s amazing party, I started brainstorming. I couldn’t wait to head to the freezer aisle of my local grocery store to pick up Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry.
Did you know there are two types?
- Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry Sheets
- Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry Cups
Both versions of Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry are great. So, I decided to make two recipes using each one!
My Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry Party
I wanted to elevate my own family party experience. Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry is a great way to add a little something extra special to your party table.
Here is what is on my party menu:
- Peanut Butter & Jelly Hand Pies with Hazelnut Chocolate Dip
- Puff Pastry Ice Cream Cups
While I had so much fun putting these two recipes together, my family had even more fun eating everything!
PB&J Hand Pies With Chocolate Hazelnut Dip
Once you try these incredibly delicious hand pies, you will never purchase store bought again.
These flaky heart shaped crusts are filled with peanut butter and strawberry jelly. I served them with a half cup of chocolate hazelnut spread spooned into a Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry Shell.
PB&J Hand Pie Printable Recipe
- One package Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry Sheets
- One package of Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry Shells
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ½ cup strawberry preserves (you can use your flavor preference)
- ½ cup chocolate hazelnut spread
- Let the Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry Sheets thaw for approximately 40 mins.
- Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Place a pastry sheet on a floured surface.
- Take a heart shaped cookie cutter and cut out hearts.
- Spoon about a dollop of peanut butter and jelly into the middle of a heart.
- Cover with another heart.
- Use a fork to seal the edges.
- Top with half of a fresh strawberry. ( I cut a notch out of the middle of each strawberry half so that it looks like a heart).
- Bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Bake one Pepperidge Farm Pastry Shell at 425 for 18-20 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Once cooled, remove the center of the shell.
- Fill with chocolate hazelnut spread.
- Arrange the heart hand pies on a serving platter with the chocolate hazelnut shell in the center.
These little heart hand pies are perfect for any type of event. They pair perfectly with my Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry Ice Cream Cups.
Check out this super fun recipe and the rest of my party menu at Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry Ice Cream Cups.