Disclosure: We were invited to Dave and Buster’s for a media preview night to try new menu items and games. All thoughts, opinions and writings are my own. A special thank you to the staff at the Richmond location in Houston. You made our visit exceptional.
I love games and good food. So, I was super excited when Dave & Busters invited us to try their summer of fun food and games. We went to the Richmond location in Houston. This Dave and Buster’s location has a really fun atmosphere. The staff is very friendly and accommodating.
When you think of Dave and Buster’s, you probably don’t automatically think of amazing drinks and gourmet food. After my visit, however, I know that Dave and Buster’s is a great place to eat out with family or friends. I have to tell you that everyone in my group was seriously impressed with all of the drinks and food.
Here is what we ate:
- 5:15-An appetizer fit for a crowd. It includes buffalo wings, chicken quesadilla wedges, pretzel dogs, shrimp and homemade BBQ potato chips.
- Potato chip crusted chicken-This chicken was really, really good. It was my favorite meal of the night. It includes fried chicken with a potato chip crust and a french onion dipping sauce. It comes with a side of vegetables and new potatoes.
- Bistro steak and shrimp with lobster alfredo-This was a really delicious meal. The steak and pasta were amazing. Even though he isn’t a huge seafood fan, my husband really enjoyed this pasta dish.
- Grilled balsamic chicken-This meal was a healthy choice of grilled chicken with oven roasted vegetables. Even though it was on the lighter side, it was still full of flavor.
- Bacon wrapped beef medallions and grilled shrimp-This dish centered around marinated steak wrapped in bacon and shrimp. It included a delicious side of grilled vegetables and potatoes.
We tried three desserts including the bananas foster pie, triple layer chocolate cake and New York cheesecake. All of the desserts were really delicious. My favorite was the bananas foster pie.
Dave and Busters is premiering new games this summer. These include Temple Run, Harpoon Lagoon, Dream Raiders, Black Out, Cut The Rope, Milk Jug Toss, Dark Escape 4D and Dizzy Chicken.
My favorite game was Harpoon Lagoon. Four people can play this fun group game. The goal of the game is to fire harpoons at fish to win tickets. There are hidden bonuses in the game. This game was very simple to play and was a ton of fun. I also won a lot of tickets while playing this game.
Some of the new games will look familiar to smart phone users. For example, Cut The Rope can now be played on a high definition 42 inch touch screen. I had a blast playing this game on a big screen.
Dream Raiders is also a fun game. It is a two player game that has feedback in the seats and controls. I didn’t play this one, but my husband and our friend really enjoyed it.
They also enjoyed Dark Escape 4D. This game rivals any simulation ride you would find at a large amusement park. Players go into a darkened area and wear 3D glasses. It is truly an interactive experience.
I will definitely bring my daughter back to this Dave and Buster’s location. We had such a great time. I like the fact that Dave and Buster’s is a great location for adult and family fun.
For more information about the games and food, visit Dave and Buster’s.