I love easy kid-friendly crafts. This one is super simple. The other day, when my daughter asked to make St Patricks Day decorations, I thought about what I could make with construction paper.
I glanced around my house and settled on my daughter’s newest interest: plants. She loves to grow things and water them. I decided to make a super cute Leprechaun hat cover for one of her plants.
The result: a cute plant cover that is perfect for St. Patricks Day. This simple craft makes the most adorable decoration.
St Patricks Day Craft Instructions
- Construction paper-2 pieces of black, one green and one yellow
- Potted Plant
- Cut one piece of black construction paper into a circle. (I traced a small plate and used it as a guide.)
- Cut a thin green horizontal strip for the hat band.
- Cut a small yellow square. Fold it in half and cut a square shape out of the middle for the buckle.
- Glue the green strip to the bottom of a piece of black construction paper.
- Glue the buckle to the middle of the green strip.
- Set a small potted plant on top of the black circle.
- Wrap the pot with the other piece of black paper. Tape to the back of the pot.
Fresh Flowers-If you don’t have a small potted plant, you could use a peanut butter container, mason jar or can and add freshly cut flours to it.
Plant Seeds-You could add potting soil to a container and put fast growing seeds in it that would grow by St Patricks Day.
I helped my daughter cut out everything. She used the glue and tape on her own.
I hope you enjoy this St Patricks Day craft!