Every Halloween night, my family has spaghetti and meatballs for dinner. Let’s be honest, spaghetti by itself has the ability to look pretty gruesome with a Halloween mindset. So, I decided to take things a step further. You can use this delicious spaghetti and meatball recipe to get started (I’ve also included the full recipe below).
The only difference with the meatballs is that I inserted a green olive in the top of each one before frying. Don’t worry, the green olives taste great with the meal.
This is such a fun recipe to prepare with your kids. They will love making this spooky spaghetti.
Spooky Spaghetti Recipe
- Package of spaghetti
- 2 15 oz. cans tomato sauce
- 2 6 oz. cans tomato paste plus two cans water
- 4 cloves of garlic minced
- 1&1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ¼ cup powdered Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp + 1 tsp sugar
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 Tbsp. Italian seasoning
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- ½ cup Italian bread crumbs
- ½ cup powdered Parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- green olives
- string cheese
- Heat olive oil in a pot then add garlic.
- Cook briefly and then add the rest of the ingredients.
- Cover and let simmer on the stove for 15-20 minutes.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and work until incorporated.
- Roll meat into balls.
- Stick a green olive into the middle of each meatball. Leave a portion of the olive sticking out.
- Heat a pan with a quarter inch of olive oil. Add the meat and cook over medium heat until browned.
- Place spaghetti in a bowl.
- Put two meatballs into the spaghetti for eyes.
- Using a spoon, add sauce in the shape of a mouth.
- Cut two teeth out of a piece of string cheese.
If you like this spooky recipe, check out these Halloween posts: