Check out this easy recipe for S’mores Popcorn Balls. They are the most amazing treat ever!
I love popcorn. I can eat it plain, with toppings or pretty much any way. It is one of my very favorite snacks.
When I was in elementary school, I had my very first popcorn ball at a bake sale. I thought it was one of the most amazing treats Id ever tasted. From that day forward, I was hooked.
Since I love s’mores, I decided to combine them with popcorn balls. The result is an incredible treat. Seriously, I bet you can’t eat just one. They are the perfect combination of flavors and textures.
I used popcorn, Golden Grahams cereal, chocolate and a delicious buttery marshmallow mixture to create these decadent treats. Each popcorn ball has the flavor of s’mores.
S’mores Popcorn Balls Recipe
- ½ cup butter
- 40 marshmallows
- 12 cups popcorn
- 2 cups Golden Grahams
- 6 bars of chocolate
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1 piece of wax paper
- Melt the butter on low heat.
- Add the marshmallows.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until the marshmallows are melted.
- Place 12 cups of popcorn in a bowl with the 2 cups of Golden Grahams.
- Break up 2 bars of chocolate.
- Add the chocolate pieces to the cereal and Golden Graham mixture.
- Add the melted marshmallow mixture to the popcorn, chocolate and cereal mixture. (It is OK if the chocolate melts.
- Stir to combine.
- Butter your hands and form popcorn balls. (Be careful, this mixture can be hot.)
- Place the balls on wax paper.
- On low heat, microwave the remaining bars of chocolate.
- Once melted, drizzle chocolate on top of the popcorn balls.
I took a short cut with this recipe. Instead of using a hot air popper, I made microwave popcorn. It made things so much easier.
Since I didn’t want anything with a very heavy butter flavor, I used Orville Redenbacher’s Simply Salted microwave popcorn. This popcorn added a tiny bit of saltiness to the s’mores popcorn balls. It worked out great!
These popcorn balls will not disappoint. I bet they would be a hit at your next bake sale.
I hope you enjoy these amazing s’mores popcorn balls. For more popcorn recipes, check out: