There isn’t a better combination than caramel and apples. While I love caramel apples, they can be so messy and difficult to eat. Why not make a delicious caramel dip that tastes just as good, if not better, than a caramel dipped apple?
I have occasionally purchased a container of caramel apple dip at the store. It is usually pretty good. But, I wanted to try something different.
I decided to make a quick caramel apple dip at home. I know I could have made caramel from scratch, but I love prepackaged caramel squares. I think they are delicious.
As a busy mom, I don’t mind taking shortcuts, as long as the flavor isn’t compromised.
To make things even easier, I purchased packages of pre-cut apples. This dip was a huge hit.
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 11 caramels
- ⅓ cup sweetened condensed milk
- ⅛ tsp. vanilla
- Dash of salt
- In a pan, melt butter on low.
- Add the caramels and stir on low until melted.
- Add the sweetened condensed milk, vanilla and salt.
- Stir until everything is blended together.
- Serve immediately.
- Store extra dip in the refrigerator and reheat in the microwave.