My daughter is in the “I want to do it by myself” phase. Since she is only four, there are only so many things I can let her do on her own. For a while now, she has been asking to make a cake. I figured that cake decorating would be a great project she could complete “on her own.”
Here is what we did to make this cool pumpkin Bundt cake. I assembled the pumpkin by putting frosting between two Bundt cakes.
My daughter helped me color the frosting. Then, I let her ice the cake by herself. She is so proud that she made a cake on her own. She had so much fun decorating this cake. I hope your kids enjoy it!
Pumpkin Cake For Kids
- 2 bundt cakes (prepare two box cakes according to instructions)
- Orange frosting
- Green frosting
- Chocolate frosting
- Make two Bundt cakes.
- Once cooled, turn one Bundt cake upside down and frost the flat side.
- Top with the other Bundt cake.
- Frost the cake with orange frosting.
- Fill the top hole with green frosting for a pumpkin stem.
- Use chocolate frosting or brown frosting for the face.