I love Peeps. Not only are they really cute, they taste delicious. I came up with an idea to put Peeps in a nest with Cadbury mini eggs. My daughter and I made these together and had a lot of fun.
Your kids will think these treats are great. You can let them shape the nests, add the eggs, sprinkles and Peeps.
Peeps in a Nest Recipe
- 3 Tbsp. butter plus extra for coating hands
- 1 package marshmallows
- 6 cups corn flakes
- green sprinkles
- green food coloring
- 1 bag of Cadbury mini eggs
- Melt butter and marshmallows in a microwave safe bowl. Cook for 1.5 minutes and stir. Cook for an additional 1.5 minutes. Stir until incorporated and add 1-2 drops of green food coloring.
- Pour into another bowl with the 6 cups of corn flakes. Stir until combined.
- Line a cookie sheet with wax paper. Scoop out ¼ cup portions of the mixture onto the cookie sheet until you've used it all.
- Coat hands with butter. Using your hands, make a nest shape by hollowing out the middle of each portion. Top with green sprinkles. Add eggs and a peep. Allow to harden before serving.