These Spooky Spider Treats are so easy and fun to make with your kids. They are the perfect last minute Halloween treat.
This is a very kid-friendly recipe. Your kids can pretty much do the entire thing without much assistance. My daughter is four and made these pretty much by herself. I only melted the chocolate, attached the legs and made the hourglass shape with icing. We had a great time making these Halloween treats.
Spooky Spider Treats
Double Stuf Oreos
Thin pretzel rods
- Melt chocolate in the microwave or on the stove.
- Break pretzel rods in half. Insert three into each side of a Double Stuf Oreo.
- Dip the “spider” in the chocolate. Use a spoon to completely coat it.
- Set on a piece of wax paper.
- Pick two matching M&M’s and place each one on top of the spider for eyes.
- Allow the chocolate to set.
- Once the chocolate has hardened, use the red icing to form an hour glass shape on each spider.
- Place the spiders on a bed of cotton candy.