I used a few simple supplies to create this fun Halloween spider web wreath. This creative decoration also serves as a fun kid-friendly Halloween craft project.
With Halloween just around the corner, we are in full decorating mode. I love to plaster the front and inside of my home with decorations. While I do use a lot of store bought decorations, I also like to create my own. I think it adds to the excitement of the approaching holiday.
It is a lot of fun to put your own spin on decorations for special occasions and holidays. I especially like to transform unexpected items into decorations.
This Halloween, I turned an embroidery hoop in a spider web wreath.
Halloween Spider Web Wreath
- Embroidery hoop
- Spider Web
- Spiders (I used gemstone spider rings)
- Separate the embroidery hoop circles.
- Pull apart the spider web material until it is separated and you can see the strands.
- Wrap the smaller embroidery hoop in the spider web.
- Once the smaller hoop is wrapped, place it back inside the larger one.
- Take the spider rings and use them to cover the edges of the hoop. They should sit right on top of the embroidery hoop.
- Take a few additional spiders and place them in the center of the web. (They stay put on their own.)
This simple project produces a great spider web wreath that you can hang on your front door or inside your home.
Not only is this a great Halloween decoration, it is the perfect kid-friendly craft. Your kids could easily complete this project. I love that it doesn’t require any special tools or glue. It is an easy and relatively mess free activity.
I hope you enjoy this Halloween spider web wreath. If you like this project, check out my scary Halloween wreaths.