This faux stained glass window was created with Plaid Gallery Glass Window Color. This paint was an easy, inexpensive way to cover an odd shaped window. We designed the pattern and painted it with colors that matched our room. When the sun filters through the window, it creates a stained glass effect. Because of this, the window adds a lot to the ambiance of the room. This window looks great from the inside and outside of the house. From the street, you would never be able to tell that this isn’t a real stained glass window.
- Draw out the design on a piece of paper
- Put a Plaid Gallery Glass Plastic Sheet on top of the paper
- Trace over the pencil lines with the lead line paint
- Fill in the smaller designs with your chosen colors
- After these have dried, apply them to a clean window
- Fill in the larger areas around the lead lines with paint using either a small paint brush or a toothpick (we found a toothpick to be the most effective tool)