If you like discovering fun DIY projects, connect with us on Pinterest.
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BringingInnovation #CollectiveBias
I love repurposing old items into something completely different. Not only is it innovative, it can be a lot of fun.
Since I’ve always wanted to make a luminary, I decided to repurpose a can that we would have otherwise thrown away.
My daughter is in Kindergarten and currently studying space and constellations. Since she is fascinated by the constellations, I thought a luminary would be a fun way to create them on her bedroom walls.
In addition to the can, I decided to repurpose a string of battery operated Christmas lights for the inside of the luminary.
I was really excited about this DIY project, because it allowed me to repurpose two items. Isn’t that great?
We headed to Lowe’s to get the supplies for our repurposing DIY project. During our shopping trip, I spotted the new Energizer® EcoAdvanced™ batteries.
There was a big display conveniently located near the checkout aisles. My daughter loved the giant battery hanging in the air above the area.
What better way to power my repurposed project than with batteries made from recycled batteries/materials?
I love that Energizer® EcoAdvanced™ uses recycled battery materials which would otherwise have little use or economic value.
Energizer® EcoAdvanced™ Battery FAQs
- The AA is Energizer’s longest-lasting battery.
- The AA and AAA are the highest performing, most responsible alkaline batteries.
- By using longer lasting and reliable batteries, we can use fewer batteries, create less waste and have less impact on the planet.
- Energizer® EcoAdvanced™ batteries hold up to 12 years in storage.
- These are the first batteries on the market to use recycled batteries/materials.
Once we gathered our supplies, we headed home to put our fun DIY repurposing project together.
Energizer® EcoAdvanced™ Powered Constellation Luminary
- Hole Punch
- Battery powered lights
- Energizer® EcoAdvanced™ Batteries
- Black glitter spray paint
- Constellation printable
1. Download and print out the constellation PDF.
2. Place the printable over the can.
3. Using the punch, slightly poke through the can over the printable to make marks for the constellations. You don’t have to follow the pattern on the paper. Just move the paper around the can until you’ve added as many constellations as will fit around on the surface.
4. Continue around the can until you’ve covered it with the constellations. When you are done, you will have a can with dent marks all over it.
5. Use the Dremel to drill holes through the constellation marks.
6. Continue around the can until you’ve drilled through all of the dents.
7. Once all the holes are drilled, paint the outside of the can and the lid.
8. Add Energizer® EcoAdvanced™ batteries to a set of lights and place them inside of the can.
When you’ve finished, you will have a fun luminary that features brightly lit constellations.
It looks even better in the dark, because it puts the constellations on the surrounding walls.
Now that I’ve shared a fun repurposing project with you, tell me how you would use the Energizer® EcoAdvanced™ batteries.
If you like this constellation luminary, check out these other fun DIY projects.