I love kid-friendly craft projects. This one is a real winner. You can take your favorite loop cereal, like Froot Loops, and create edible jewelry. Isn’t that pretty cool?
Why is this project so great?
- You can eat it.
- It uses your favorite cereal.
- It is super easy.
- You already have the required supplies in your home.
- You can use this project as an opportunity to practice talking about colors.
I poured the cereal into a big bowl. I then let my daughter group the loops according to their colors. She practiced saying her colors each time she selected a loop. She had so much fun sorting the cereal and making her jewelry.
Edible Cereal Jewelry Project
- Loop cereal
- Dental Floss
- Cut two pieces of dental floss to the desired bracelet and necklace length.
- On one end of the dental floss, leaving about an inch of floss, tie a piece of cereal that will serve as an anchor for the rest of the cereal.
- Slide the cereal onto each pieces of floss until you have filled the necklace and bracelet. Tie the two ends of each piece of floss together.
I hope you have a blast making this edible cereal jewelry.