Since I have an energy efficient home, I have to use warmers for my candles instead of lighting them. This morning, I turned on a warmer in my bathroom (like I have many times before). Later, my husband and I heard a cracking noise. We didn’t think anything of it until we saw red wax seeping out of the warmer all over my bathroom counter. My candle had literally cracked in half leaking wax everywhere. Luckily, we were able to clean it up quickly so there wasn’t any permanent damage to my countertop. I have no idea why this happened. However, in case this happens again, I will now place my warmers on a tray that can collect the wax.
About Jessica Wellington
Jessica is a professional journalist and social media influencer who inspires parents to have fun with their kids. You can also find her work in Parade Magazine.