Eating candied acorn squash with your dinner is almost like cheating and having dessert with your meal. It is a great, sweet way to get a serving or two of vegetables.
Squash isn’t one of my favorite things to eat. However, by adding brown sugar and maple syrup, it becomes a dish I look forward to seeing on my plate.
Whenever fall rolls around, I think about eating candied acorn squash.
- 1 Acorn Squash
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. real maple syrup
- Cut squash in half and place face down in a casserole dish containing ¼ inch of water.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes at 450 degrees.
- Remove from oven and turn squash over.
- Divide the brown sugar and syrup between the two halves covering the halves completely.
- Place under the broiler for 5 minutes.